Do the best and let God takes the rest

Selasa, 11 Maret 2014

Project ISM Upgrade at Singapore

Around mid of Feb to April 2013 ago, I was assigned by my boss in a new project at Singapore (Singapore Telecom) named ISM (Internet Service Manager). Actually, this project should be done by 2 engineers (me and Feri) but finally only 1 engineer assigned because Feri involved to another project in XL Axiata. Obviously, I feel perturbed because I never go to Singapore in advance don't know the territory of my hotel and office, and etc. Fortunately, management also assigned another project to my colleague Rezky and Dian who they have done several Singapore projects before. So I was quite relieve because I wouldn't worry about hotel, office, freight from airport to hotel, etc.

We took off from Jakarta at Monday morning around 06.00 a.m, so I have to reach Soekarno Hatta airport at least 1 hour before the flight. From my boarding house I used Damri around 04.00 to reach Soekarno Hatta airport. On my way, I saw that the highway seems free of traffic because it's still predawn. Not long afterwards, around 1 hour I have reached the airport, 10 minutes later Rezky came, and Dian as well. After checking, we were going to waiting room and enjoy our breakfast around 30 minutes later we have taken off with Air Asia airways. Approximately 2 hours on our way, we had reached Changi airport. That was my first experience in abroad, after collect our baggage we went to taxi queue soon.

Along our way to reach hotel, the view is good enough. Infrastructure and urban design of Singapore is good. There are lots groves on right and left side, even it is not nature, but made by government. Only 30 minutes in our way, we had reached our hotel which is as our home stay as long as doing and finishing the project.

After check in, we saved our baggage into our each room, then continue to our each office client, where Dian went to Starhub nearby Tanjung Pagar, Rezky went to Singtel at Bedok, me myself went to Singtel as well, but different location with Rezky, Tampines. In other words, We went to same commuter station but different aim.

This is my first experience in using commuter line (subway) at Singapore. Not like in Indonesia, Singapore has a better infrastructure. Let's say for subway service, toilets, and subway on-time no delay. The latest delay I got there around 4 minutes, otherwise in Indonesia I had bad experience regarding delay, more than 1 hour. Furthermore, denizens/passengers presumably more orderly than Indonesian, no scrambling in entering the subway, contrary with in Indonesia. I thought this is due discipline factor.

Eventually, ranging 1 hour I reached Singtel Tampines office, and I called my colleague also as my leader/superior, she is Nireesha. Beside her, there are another colleague with directly related with my work they are Raihan and Mohib.


Raihan - Mohib - me 

Both of Raihan and Mohib are Pakistan's citizen. Nevertheless, Raihan not directly related with my project, but he acted as consultant for determining client's requirement, otherwise Mohib acted as assist of me because his main task is support.

I got lots impression with my 2 colleagues. We went to Masjid together in Jum'at, lunch, and break time to take a cup of tea/coffee. In spite of along my project at Singapore we never go/hanging out together, but I feel they had as my brother.

I have to go back to Indonesia maximum 1 month since I arrived. Because it's prohibited in law if tourist stay there more than 1 month, unless use Permanent Residence (PR) or Employee Pass (EP).

OK I will continue tomorrow regarding my experience at Singapore.

0 komentar: